Sunday, February 14, 2010

Valentine's Day

Happy Valentine's Day to one and all. My husabnd and I don't really celebrate Valentine's Day but that doesn't mean we don't love each other.

Anyway, I thought I would do an update again. Not promising that this will happen all the time but I have some stitching to show you. I have been stitching quite a bit this week. I saw an updated picture of a WIP of Rachel's on facebook and it gave me the urge to get mine of the same out. I haven't done very much on mine. Here's Rachel's WIP. It is stunning isn't it. And here's mine



As you can see mine has a bit to go before it gets to the stage that Rachel's is. I think I forgot to mention that it is a HAED chart of Turnadot by Kinuko Y. Craft. I think she is one of my favourite artists that HAED chart. I have a few of hers to stitch so I should be able to stay alive for a least 4 or 5 hundred years.

Here is my SK Enchanted which is also a chart done by HAED. I do believe they are very talented in converting artwork etc for stitching. If I have enough money in my bank account I am off to buy 1 more chart.



I also stitched on an exchange. It is a Christmas Exchange and unfortunately it went missing in post. So I am now doing another one. Actually I really like what I am stitching so I hope my exchange partner likes it too.

Well that is all from me this week.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Janine: someone sent me a Christmas bobbin lace Christmas card last year...but it didn't turn up (they had left part of the address off). Luckily they had a return address and it turned up again at the sender's address over a month (!) later, so I finally got it. Hope the same happens to you. Not sure why it took so long to be returned to Darwin.

Glad to see you are enthused over the HAED, (LOL, now that you've got me doing one thread of a number of projects at a time!!!)

hugs
Julie in Melbourne

Susan said...

Hello Janine,

Great to read of your progress. Now I haven't heard of HAED before. What incredible detail!! It will be a work of art when it's finished!!!

Regards