Monday, January 26, 2009

Stitching for our Australia Day Weekend

I have had a fairly good weekend of stitching.

On Saturday I didn't end up stitching. I spent the day looking at others stitching.

Sunday my DIL, Marilyn came for the day as Kenric had to work at the local hospital. They both stayed for a BBQ and Jarrad and Jacob and my MIL came over as well. Anyway, Marilyn, wanted to watch the CI channel on Fox so I sat in with her and stitched on "The Hunt". This is a SAL I am doing with one of my groups. I am using a white fabric with a HDF silk. I have no idea of the colour name.



Sunday evening I mucked around and then I stitched on The Unicorn Sampler by Sampler House. I forgot to take a picture of it for this session so I will take one next time I stitch on it. I started it last year.

Today I had my friends over for a GTG. It was a lovely day and I managed to stitch a bit more on The Unicorn Sampler. I had a nap and then I woke and stitched on Wiehenburg's Welcome Band. This is just a gorgeous sampler. I am stitching it on Weddingen linen with my most favourite colour thread "Mingenew" dyed by Dinky Dyes. I just love this colour. Here is my progress so far.



I just love this sampler.

Lastly I stitched on "Sew Cozy". I absolutely hate stitching on this. Anyway I am determined to finish it and it is one of my UFO picks for the year. Today I managed to completely finish a small piece that was on the top of the blue cupboard in the left hand bottom cupboard. I also added some stitches to other bits of the cupboard and also backstitched some parts of the cupboard as well. Here is the result.



Last picture is of Chatelaine's Convent Herbal Garden. I started this when it was Mystery II. I really want to finish it. So I have also nominated it to be one of my UFO pieces for 2009. I stitched on this during last week.

7 comments:

Meg Welch said...

It always takes me a long time to stitch one of the Chatelaines. I have three mandalas started and have none past part six! When they're done, they're beautiful, and they're varied enough to keep you interested. Your stitching is beautiful.

Terri said...

Looks fantastic Janine.. I bet it's nice and warm in Australia right now :) Really need to consider moving lol.

Janine said...

Thanks Meg and Terri for the comments. I have quite a few
chatelaine's stated Meg. I am endeavouring to get a bit more done on them. I have a few waiting to be started as well. Terri it has been very warm here. Yesterday in the high 30's low 40's. We are talking celsius here. I don't stick my nose out of the house if I can help it. Thank god for air-conditioning.

Anonymous said...

*Sigh* The blogging fairy never visits my blog either Janine :) However I suppose I'd be much more inclined t update if I had something to show! Like you! Lovely work - I love the Welcome Sampler!

Ruth said...

Good heavens what a weekend! Congrats on all the beautiful accomplishments!

acereta said...

All the designs are beautiful!

Quiltsmiles said...

Love your blog and your stitchings. Esp. like the sew cozy.... uh-hummmm....how are you doing with this finish for this year so far? LOL
I know I took a challenge to finish one project a month, between quilting, beading, knitting and stitching I have many UFOs to choose from.
Hapy Stitchin,
Jane